Question How to Clean and get rid of water spots from wet lenses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best strategy is to prevent them to begin with by dunking the camera in freshwater and then pat drying the lens (and camera housing) with a microfiber cloth.

If the lens is glass, camera lens cleaning solution or isopropyl or distilled water on a lens cloth or microfiber cloth. Acrylic domes, distilled water and microfiber cloth.

Salt can etch the glass or damage coatings. I would start with distilled water to flush the surface. Pat dry with microfiber. If that does not work gently rubbing with the lens/microfiber cloth while damp.

Acrylic materials will not be damaged by a drop of Dawn soap in distilled water and then rinse with clear distilled water.

If the lens is glass, camera lens cleaning solution or isopropyl

It is glass diopter lens. I'll try the alcohol with microfiber cloth.

A rubber you'd use for earasing pencil works for me

Hummmm, I'll try it and see what happens.

I am not a lens cleaning expert as a preface. I have seen, heard of and used an eraser to clean lens (gold plated) contacts but never the lens itself o_O.

So you can rub and rub or phosphoric dissolves calcium so you are not dragging it across the lens

I clean my tiles and shower screens with hydrochloric

Hydrochloric, cleans sorb residue, from my scrubbers

Poseidon says use hydrochloric in servicing your regs

If it is hard water spot (CaCO3) then use a mix of vinegar and dawn soap. Apply and let sit for 10-15 minutes then rinse with clean water and dry carefully.
Bill

everclear
This looks like some type of an alcoholic drink according to Mr. Google. It won't work for me here in Libya, a Muslim country :)

Back
Top Bottom