How to carry the camera during the dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right hand so I can drop it if I need to. Never have in 500+ dives with it.

I leave mine on a D ring with caribiner attached. Works great.
Cecil:
Funny scarey tale about a coiled lanyard. I use one and love it, when I get in or out of the water the camera is in a BC pocket. Once I'm at depth I pull it out and unclip the coil and put it under a BC strap ready to go. This past weekend I did my normal procedure and did my dive. When I was getting out I was putting my camera back when I realized it was not attached to anything. I had unclipped the wrong clip at the begining of the dive. The only thing keeping it with me was the BC strap. Scarey and very lucky.

The lanyard was still attached to my BCD. Mine has two clips one to release the coil and the second to release the camera, this is the one I unclipped. Oops, live and learn.

This is an interesting thread... I recently bought a strobe for my uw camera so the whole setup has gotten quite bulky. On night dives, how does one manage the torch together with a bulky camera with strobe?

the_cat_keeper:
This is an interesting thread... I recently bought a strobe for my uw camera so the whole setup has gotten quite bulky. On night dives, how does one manage the torch together with a bulky camera with strobe?

Get your buddy to do it.
Get a strobe with a light inbuilt (D180 for example - prob to late now though)
Attach your torch to your rig.

Otherwise with great difficulty try do it all yourself with your third hand - it can be done though. :wink:

lukeROB:
Get your buddy to do it.
Get a strobe with a light inbuilt (D180 for example - prob to late now though)
Attach your torch to your rig.

Otherwise with great difficulty try do it all yourself with your third hand - it can be done though. :wink:
Yeah, we all thought I should find a new buddy who doesn't take underwater pictures too. :p All my buddies are underwater photographers. They don't struggle so much with all the gears as they have decided to go with simple point-and-shoot digital cameras which they can hold with one hand...

Well, my next strobe will have an inbuilt light. In the meantime, before i find a new buddy, I'll go with finding a torch that could be secured to my camera. Thanks. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom