How to build a home made scuba diving tank - DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dead dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
How to build a home made scuba diving tank - DIY
I've been doing it all wrong throughout all these years.o_O

Dar-Win 2020. (it was uploaded in 2017, but 2020 is hands down _the_ year to use/build one of these.)

Needs some plywood fins.

Takes a little less lead, but no compressor included...

upload_2020-7-31_19-54-46.jpeg
Ghetto+diving_bede0c_4111898.jpg

Well, if you look back in time, you'll find some worst contraptions. History of diving has it share of weird appliances... Hans Hass and his diving helmet, people mimicking Miller's Dunn Helmet with water boilers part, Leprieur aqualung, inspired by a Dunlop tyre inflator kit...

10 years or so ago, I went to the local rec center pool with our local dive club to try out my new drysuit. There was a guy there (commercial diver by trade) not associated with the dive club who was testing out a rather strange set of kit. He had taken on the challenge of making a surface supplied rig using only Home Depot materials. Yes, the helmet was an orange "Homer Bucket" with a plexiglass window. I'll look around for the pictures.

Ah, found one:

6BFF83BC-E299-4ECE-9501-058E33D6811F.jpeg

He didn't get that spare air from a home depot!

Good catch. He carried the spare air in case something went wrong, which I thought was a smart move.

Back
Top Bottom