how to avoid custom!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
If you're set on DUI, ignore this. Diving Concepts only charges 100.00 more for custom cut.

Rick,,1) Why are you not watching the superbowl!????? 2) it looks bad for me, and work, tomorrow! 3 How are these concepts suits? do you dive one?

Go with a custom suit.

Pay the bucks. The cost of the custom suit difference, amortized out over the ten years or so that you'll wear it, may come up to $50 per year or so. Cost of dinner.

The misery of diving in an ill-fitting suit, though, will stick with you for every single dive that you make, for the next ten years.

Is it worth 'making a stock suit work'?

Get something that fits.

Thatwas my initial intent when I sold the suit I had. But thought that I would exhaust other ways first. I just have a hard time believieng that my body type is that much out of the norm, and would require a custom. But maybe it will.

Try a Bare suit,
Find a dealer near you, Their suits will save you a few bucks on the cost over the DUI name and sizes, tons of sizes stock see their web site and find a dealer as they have fine suits.

Well,, I finally found a shop that had a rental TLS350 in house. Went to try it on and it seemed to be great! I wore my usual thermals and everything looked like a go! There was a possibility the chest was a tiny bit snug, but the owner seems to think it fits beautifully, and could even take a 400 undergarment! Penny saving time!
Im just glad I dont have to pony up on a custom!!!!!!!

If you can, make sure that you actually dive the rental to see how it feels in the water, since it is in the water that really counts. Especially since you already have the right underware.

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom