How to attach a ITorch Pro 4 on the SRP tray/arm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dauntless, what is the little metal shoe with the screw? Did you fabricate that?

Dauntless, what is the little metal shoe with the screw? Did you fabricate that?

Yep, Intova doesn't make a 1/4" screw adapter for their arm, (Intova Joe, are you listening?) So, go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get a 1/8" and 1/4" x1 aluminum strips, 1/4" stainless or brass screw counter sink type of right length, and ss 1/4" locknut. (I'm doing this from memory of what I did about a year ago, so make sure the strip thickness is right- they may have a 3/4" thick strip too or you can find one somewhere)

Cut appropriate lengths ~ 1" I think and clamp the two ~1" strips and center drill hole for 1/4" screw, counter sink the hole on top strip and apply locknut to other side, works to hold together and as spacer. Then you will have to use a grinder or a file and take a little off both sides to make it fit the Intova slot. If I did it again, think I would look at 1/4x1" SS fender washers instead of the aluminum strips and grind off opposite sides a little to make it fit.

The left over aluminum strips can be used to make all sorts of stuff. I made some clamps, using the countersink bit and a round stone for the ball and 5/8" ss screws and "T" handles from Lowes and the 1/8th can be bent around lights to make a great attachment for light: leave two legs and ~5/8" space for the ball-slug type attachment and a wing nut with a piece of bicycle innertube as padding for the grip - local bike shop will give you old tubes.

I was asking because here on this topic ( http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/445794-sola-2000-mounted-3-4-loc-line.html ) someone is trying to figure out how to mount a SOLA light to loc-line, without having to buy the SOLA proprietary mount. That shoe you made looked like the SOLA socket. Maybe that will give some inspiration.

I have an Intova Slim tray, exact same arm. I was considering adding a second arm but the price of the aluminum extension is just silly, I might just fabricate one and put a bolt with a loc-line arm.

You might be happier if you just bought an SRP camera tray. However, having worked with 3/4 LocLine, you can take the end adapter and go to Lowe's and get a SS 1/4" Tee nut and use to make the hole 1/4" threaded.

Maybe you can get ideas from this but the Tee nut is on the other side, it will fit inside I think, if not a #10 screw Tee nut will. Attach a ball to the end of the 3/4" locline and then use a clamp to hold the ball on the light and the ball on the locline together.

[video=youtube_share;2343mRqR-3o]http://youtu.be/2343mRqR-3o[/video]

I was asking because here on this topic ( http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/445794-sola-2000-mounted-3-4-loc-line.html ) someone is trying to figure out how to mount a SOLA light to loc-line, without having to buy the SOLA proprietary mount. That shoe you made looked like the SOLA socket. Maybe that will give some inspiration.

I have an Intova Slim tray, exact same arm. I was considering adding a second arm but the price of the aluminum extension is just silly, I might just fabricate one and put a bolt with a loc-line arm.

Or try this to fit around the light, then figure out how to transition. Problem is that LocLine and adapters ain't cheap - best bet is to go with an Intova arm. Just get some aluminum strip, grind down to fit the Intova and transition to your tray. The piece of PVC is a form to bend around, use appropriate size to keep from buggering up your light

That being said, you won't regret an SRP tray, there is a little something I learned trying to make DIY rigs. You want a quick 16:9 reference to aim the camera and it just so happens that the SRP tray with the width and handle height is ~ 16:9. I asked them and they said it wasn't intentional. You save a lot of time making a shot because when you point the tray and camera, the tray dimensions roughly frame the shot, before you can focus on the display.

Attachments

• DSCN1397.jpg
    DSCN1397.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom