How the drysuits pee valve work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namelz52

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
how the pee valve work? have a pee bag inside the drysuits? or put the pee away by a pipe or something else?

Well...you could feed it to an internal hydration pouch to be recycled, but most people use a pee valve to vent it overboard.

For guys it starts at a condom catheter which is connected to a tube which is attached to the pee valve which either has a pee through bolt with a hole in it or a one way valve that lets pee out but prevents water from coming back in.

For girls it is pretty much the same except rather than a condom catheter they use an odd little sting ray shaped device call a she-pee that is glued on (temporarily).

What he said.

sa-balp.jpg

Well...you could feed it to an internal hydration pouch to be recycled, but most people use a pee valve to vent it overboard.

For guys it starts at a condom catheter which is connected to a tube which is attached to the pee valve which either has a pee through bolt with a hole in it or a one way valve that lets pee out but prevents water from coming back in.

For girls it is pretty much the same except rather than a condom catheter they use an odd little sting ray shaped device call a she-pee that is glued on (temporarily).

At least they hope it's temporary. Get your glues mixed up and UH-OH! Same with the condom caths. Recent posts on this subject indicate that getting one off is as much an art as getting it on and hooked up properly!

I know when cave diving in N FL, I take great joy in peeing in other people's bottled water.

It still fascinates me. Maybe there's hope for me.

Me too. Just imagine, the water that we drink today may have evaporated out of a giant, greasy T-Rex poo.

Me too. Just imagine, the water that we drink today may have evaporated out of a giant, greasy T-Rex poo.

You've gone too far. I'll never drink water again. I was thinking more like Jesus pee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom