How safe's Sipadan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Susie:
I stayed at SMART with a group of us from California in May and we had a ball. We felt very safe and the diving was extraordianary! Some of the best diving I have ever done! Great viz, calm seas, schools and walls of everything, so many turtles you literally bump into them, mola mola!, mating zebra sharks, ghost pipe fish, pigmy seahorse, cuttle fish o'plenty, ...DANG! Just about everything you could imagine. Did I mention the mating Mandarin fish???? I would go back in a heart beat! Has anyone heard if SMART has started refinishing their beach chalets???? Oh, and one more question...when is Monsoon season over? Trying to plan another trip over there with the rest of the Happy Divers who couldn't make it last time!
Thanks
Susie

Glad you had a good time in sipadan !!!! You saw the mola mola !!! I have been looking out for them for years and have yet to see one ! Very happy for you.

Sipadan is diveable all year round but you will see different pelagics at different time of the year. have you considered Layang Layang ? Good place to try and see some hammerheads. Saw a group of about 50 the last time I was out there.

Also glad that you felt safe as there are many who hesitate due to the travel advisories. You must have stopped over in Kuala Lumpur either on your way to Sipadan or on your way back. Hoped you enjoyed your stay in KL as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom