How old is this thing? (BC ID)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bassps70

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I picked this up for the cost of a Big Mac meal and finally had it out in the lake a few days ago. The only identifying marks say Zeagle systems. I was curious how old it was and what model it is. I have a feeling it will be a nice match for my Conshelf SE reg :wink: After a quick disassemble and clean up it worked great when i was under. It tended to ride up on me at the surface though. Did I just not have the waist band tight enough? Any help on either matter would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 80
Man, that is an old BC....I am going to guess late 80's or very early 90's.

Make sure the waist section is snug and then just take the slack out of the shoulders...overtightening the shoulders can cause it to ride up!

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott, I figured it was from around there somewhere. You want it as a museum piece? I'll trade you for a ranger! :eyebrow: It's remarkable that after a quick cleaning, a 20-something year old BC is just as good as new. With the obvious quality of your product and everything I've seen you do here on the forums, I can't think of any other brand that even comes close. Needless to say, my first new gear purchases will be a flathead and a ranger. Thanks again Scott, for everything.

~Mark

.....I've got a Ranger that's about 8 yrs old, and I was easily able to add a Zeagle crotch strap to the unit to prevent the 'riding up' problem....but I have no idea if you can do that with your 'old' unit.

Back
Top Bottom