How not to swim with the turtles.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheekymonkey

I'm a Goofy Monkey
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After seeing the other turtle vid from Scuba Drew which was great I started following those YouTube links to similar videos and found a terrible one. Jerks like this that make the animals have to watch out.
The turtle in ScubaDrew's video was obviously following the divers, while this one, the divers are chasing the turtle around, going over the turtle, and then literally holding onto its back to stop it from swimming away, I'd love to track these jerks down...
[/quote]

Cheekymonkey:
After seeing the other turtle vid from Scuba Drew which was great I started following those YouTube links to similar videos and found a terrible one. Jerks like this that make the animals have to watch out.
The turtle in ScubaDrew's video was obviously following the divers, while this one, the divers are chasing the turtle around, going over the turtle, and then literally holding onto its back to stop it from swimming away, I'd love to track these jerks down...

Wow! The jerk with the regulator needs a swift kick in the pants! All I can say is that the turtle is very patient and nice. The fact that it's so comfortable around divers suggests that it has been hand fed in the past...possibly another no-no!

X

That's just unbelievable. The selfishness and lack of respect from some people... Seeing that sea turtles already face enough hardships like pollution, you'd think that everyone would just TRY to enjoy their presence.

Cheekymonkey:
Oh I thought it was trying to get away...

I do remember seeing some turtles near Catalina. The minute they saw us coming they would do a quick disappearing act. Additionally, as slowly as we would swim - they would disappear.

As per the turtle on the video - I am speculating, however, I would love to track these guys down (as you suggest) and give them a swift kick between the fins! :D

X

What if the turtle took some air from the reg and surfaced with out exhaling? I do like the fact that his octo was leaking......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom