How much weight did you drop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
During my DIR-F class I dropped over 10lbs of weight for fresh water diving. Actually exactly 10. How much weight did you drop at your DIR-F?

None. Did you go from a regular BC to a BP, if so are you including the weight of the BP and stays in your weight calc?

I was in a bp/w before the class...and I am not including the weight on the BP...so I have 12 lbs total...6 on belt, 6 on BP

I know you won't believe it, but it was about 23 lbs.

I had v weights and belt weights and every other type of weight that was invented....

I currently dive with NO weight......

None, sort of.......
In a steel 95, BC and drysuit with light undies I was using 6lbs.

I switched to double al80s and bp/w. I can dive it with zero weight same exposure protection, but it gets rather light around 1300psi. I'm using a borrowed 11lb V-weight, it's too heavy, I'm going to try a 7lbs next. Bigger doubles will just have to wait for a bit.

Ocean in a three mil, single al80, bp/w, zero added weight. (my plate is about 6lbs. With a BC I had been using 10lbs.)

I took DIRF for reasons other than trying to take weight 'off the belt'. :wink:

detroit diver:
I know you won't believe it, but it was about 23 lbs.

I had v weights and belt weights and every other type of weight that was invented....

I currently dive with NO weight......

:D Your nickname shoulda been Rocky!!!

I was in BP/W and a drysuit.

I went in that Friday diving 8 a side in the ACB (16#) and literally came out of the class on Sunday diving 5 a side (10#).

I'm now diving 4 a side (8#).

---
Ken

If I was only built like him!

pennypue:
:D Your nickname shoulda been Rocky!!!

detroit diver:
If I was only built like him!
More like Ahnold, huh? :07:

pennypue:
More like Ahnold, huh? :07:

Only in my dreams.....

edit: unless you're talking about Arnold Ziffel !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom