How much post-dive processing do you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My post processing depends on what the image is destined to be posted for, so i have about a dozen work flows(by workflows this is the different ways i work on them) that i use to get images to were i want them.

but on average most of the time i just do a auto levels or curves and some color adjusment and post them(but also i leave a notice saying that the colors they see on there screen may not be what they are inperson(ie prints) unless there monitor is calibrated, now if they are going to be prints then i pull out all the stops and calibrate my monitor and do the correction then print them, but thats me.

i have yet to delete any image i have taken because i never know when im going to need it or could fix it so i have my images set up by type, camera, and media used

i have my folders set up in the following
Top level folder is the "My Pictures" folder
next is the film Vs Digital Break out

so in the end my picture storage set up looks like this

My Pictures
>Film
>>B&W_Neg
>>Color_Neg
>>Slide

>Digital
>>Fuji_602z
>>>SmartMedia
>>>Compact Flash
then there are sub folders for the medias and it goes as follows
>>>>Masters
>>>>Editted
>>>>Thumbs (for web use)

>>Oly_c5050
>>>SmartMedia
>>>Compact Flash
>>>XD

then i have sub folders for each media as follows
>>>>Masters -which is broken into RAW and JPEG folders
>>>>Editted
>>>>Thumbs

I will post a image later on how i have my storage system set up

> = a sub folder or how far back from the main folder it goes, currently im storing on the order of almost 7500 images, which are backup across mulitiple HDD and various backup media ( i have roughly 4 backups of every image) but thats a lesson for another day

Tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom