How much have you spent on training and dive equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned long ago to not try and keep track of the cost of a hobby if I want to enjoy it. Stay in budget, but otherwise…I don’t want to know. I.e. Just paid for a hydro + O2 clean + Nitrox fill for a cylinder today. I don’t want to think about the fact that I’ll be paying that much…times two…for my next trip to the dive shop (getting two more tanks done).

My wife and I are in the middle of AOW. That and OW cost us about $1500 for both of us.

Thanks to ScubaBoard classifieds I own a ridiculous amount of quality gear for a guy with limited experience for a pretty low amount of investment. But we own a house in Mexico a mile from the water so I expect we'll make good use of our training and gear.

I have probably spent another $3000 in gear, so with training $4500. A bargain in my book.

Open water was paid for with financial aid, so $0.
Gear, over the last 5 years I have bought and sold so much gear I have probably profited $2,500. So many great deals on fb marketplace for those on a budget like me.

My wife and I are in the middle of AOW. That and OW cost us about $1500 for both of us.

Thanks to ScubaBoard classifieds I own a ridiculous amount of quality gear for a guy with limited experience for a pretty low amount of investment. But we own a house in Mexico a mile from the water so I expect we'll make good use of out training and gear.

I have probably spent another $3000 in gear, so with training $4500. A bargain in my book.
Why hello, my mexican house owning friend. LOL

Well if we are being serious ... 20k ok probably more. Alaskan Bot guy how much have you spent?

Spent probably $5k, need probably another $1000 worth before I can be like "I feel like getting in the water today" and just going for it.

Has it been worth it? Not yet Ask me again in another month or so when I am able to got when the urge hits.

Probably 3k on training, padi/ss running up to divemaster. Around 4k on gear including computer but i am looking into tec so i expect this to quadruple quite quickly.​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom