How much extra weight for a dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got my new dry suit. It is the DUI TLS350 with Polartec 300 undergarments. I am signed up to take a Dry-Suit Class in October. I currently dive with a 7mm wetsuit and a 3mm hooded vest. How much extra weight should I expect to add?

Thanks for the help.

I've also read with intrest the different threads and posts (when searching for weighting for drysuits) about which to use for bouyancy the drysuit or the BC. I'll probably try it both ways, but I like the idea that the drysuit is to keep me warm and the BC is for bouyancy.

The correct answer to this question for YOU will vary. For most folks, nearly the same weight is required to dive dry as is to dive a 7 mm full suit w/ hood. Perhaps an additional 4 pounds for the first couple dives.

This is close enough to get you started anyway.

Have fun with your new suit!

theskull

:bic: 36 lbs

hex92:
HHHhhhaaarrrrr!
---
Really, there shouldn't be much difference... but a quick trip to the pool will answer the question before you have to waste any real dive-time finding out.
Rick

i had to add a couple, but then mine is compressed neoprene on the bottom..

it'll depend on the undergarments you wear as well, not just the drysuit..

It'll probably take a bit of messing about to get your weighting right. Don't worry about it, everyone does it the first time they dive dry! Remember the undersuit will affect your buoyancy too.

Good luck with the class!

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

Back
Top Bottom