How much does rain affect CSSP Vis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxHockeyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm curious as to how much rain will effect vis at CSSP. I had planned to join a LDS out there today but decided against it after last nights thunderstorms and todays forecast. I had been thinking about going out there tomorrow but it looks like more of the same. But for the future, how much does rain effect the vis at CSSP?

Not much, usually. The south end is usually the worst end, but that's mostly because of all the classes that congregate down there. I've been diving out there for a couple of years, and I really haven't noticed any difference after a storm.

Hope this helps,

Last year I was camping and diving and we had storms roll though sat night and sunday morning. I did not notic emuch of a visablity change between days. The water was colder or it felt colder the second day but that was about it.

Rain makes the lake clear up.
That's because when it starts to rain folks all pack up and leave. :D

TxHockeyGuy:
Hmmm, I think I may have to hit CSSP tomorrow after all.

I'll be out there early, gonna do about 3 dives with short surface intervals and head home.
Air is getting stale in me tanks, need to use em up..................:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom