How much $$$$$$ do you make?

SCUBA can be pretty expensive. How much do you make annually?

• 0 - 15,000

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • 15,000 - 30,000

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • 30,000 - 45,000

Votes: 23 6.7%
  • 45,000 - 60,000

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • 60,000 - 75,000

Votes: 46 13.5%
  • 75,000 - 100,000

Votes: 50 14.6%
  • 100,000 - 150,000

Votes: 63 18.4%
  • 150,000 - 200,000

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • 200,00 - 250,000

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • I'm freakin loaded

Votes: 34 9.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everything is relative. .......
Am I the only one who thinks this is a rude question?

No Walter, you are not. It is an extremely rude question, just like "How many pills do you take a day?".

I do as well

If it's offending you, why did you read or answer this poll?

I'm in college... I'm in a hole..

but...

I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! :D

I love your spirit, people have to set their priorities. Usually who has money doesn't have the time to enjoy it - been there done that, now with a fraction of that I have time to enjoy my life.
Diving is as cheap or as expensive as you make it. Some people like to show off with most expensive stuff (and that's in any sport or activity), some don't care about the look, just want to dive.

Then I hope you are majoring in a field that pays well or you marry rich. Personally, in my next life I plan to marry rich, work is hard, saving is harder. BTW, every dollar you invest in your twenties is like 10 invested in your forties and fifties. :no

BUT, ya know what, what good are fast motorcycles and fancy scuba gear when you are old and rich, burn it all up now, die fast and in debt to your ears. Safety is way overrated.

N

No such thing as debt when you're dead! :wink:

Everything is relative. $20K is extremely expensive for some, for others it's not something they even notice. Some folks are wondering how they're going to feed their family.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a rude question?
It's rude, but since it's private it's an interesting look at a demographic of divers who belong to SB.

It's rude, but since it's private it's an interesting look at a demographic of divers who belong to SB.

Unless you think its a lame question and answer with "I'm freaking loaded!"

I don't think it's a rude question. IMO, there are no rude questions, only rude people. The asking of a question you know will offend someone is rude. If the OP asked Walter about his annual income a second time, it wouldbe rude.

Once I was in a jewelry store when I overheard a salesman say to a customer:
"These are the expensive ones..."
the customer replied
"Let me decide what expensive is"

What I think expensive, you may not.
:)

Yep, interesting indeed. We will have our smug types with their 20k of gear etc. We will also have our students using e-bay and hand me down gear to dive. End is that diving is accessible to all income folks. In NE PA the average family income is well below the national average. We have no ocean, we do have nice quarries, and we still have a good time diving.

the gear is initially expensive, but the travel is what hits me in the wallet. being landlocked, it ain't cheap to go dive something more interesting that the local quarry.

What is a Harley Unit worth in Euros? Or dollars or Zlotys or Rubli?

If you have to ask how much a Harley Unit is worth, you can't afford it and are not worthy of owning one. Personally, I'm happy to covet my neighbor's Harley Unit since I would kill myself if I owned one. Therefore, I allocate between 0.5 and 1.0 Harley Units annually for gear and trips. I also "give" the government several Harley Units every year so poor people can have a chance to buy scuba gear.

No such thing as debt when you're dead! :wink:

Well, is that your plan? I give you it is simple and uncomplcated.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom