How many pool dives before OW dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am taking the class through my school and we have 1 lab (3hrs) and 1 lecture (1hr) a week for 15 weeks. So, by the time I am done I will have had about 10-12 pool dives before we hit the open water. Is this about normal or way above it?
That's typical of the time alloted for college programs. Do you feel the time is being well used or are you spending most of it on swimming laps and repeating things you'd already learned?

My university course (PADI) was only 5 classroom & pool sessions. I felt like I got plenty of time to learn the stuff, but we only had 6 guys in our class with 2 instructors and 2 DMs so we had lots of attention.

My university course (PADI) was only 5 classroom & pool sessions. I felt like I got plenty of time to learn the stuff, but we only had 6 guys in our class with 2 instructors and 2 DMs so we had lots of attention.
That's not what we usually refer to as a university class that runs a semester, that's a shop course that happens to be offered on a college campus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom