How many people love Vintage Equipment Diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now we are 5 collectioners and 24 vintage divers in Turkey. Everyone has vintage equipments .Beginners for a country not in the least. Someone should start to come out this hobby in other countries.
Vintage diving career writing here that I'm waiting for the other countries.They come to us we'll go ...

I too started diving on what is now considered vintage equipment (1965). There are however many others Divers here that predate my experience.

The only piece of vintage equipment I use today is myself. Perhaps this is a result of my occupation as a military and commercial diver. It seems that I've been exposed to a constant stream of new technologies that have included requlators, KM helmets, computers, CCRs, atmospheric diving suits, submersibles and ROVs. I've become comfortable with the advantages each has brought over my original equipment.

Today, I've retained much of my 'vintage' equipment. It's not that I'm a collector or want to use it, but perhaps it's because I'm overly sentimental. Reflected in this equipment is the story of my life. When I look at it I remember the 12 year old boy that was captured by Sea Hunt, Natural Geographic specials and the Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau. The young man who struggled with completing Navy Diver training, month long deep saturation dives in over 1000 FSW and the Father who taught his wife and three sons how to dive.

So to answer the question, I too love my vintage diving equipment, although my reason for doing so may be different than others...

Thank you DCBC ...You wrote that it was so nice that I've shared it on our sites and facebook..I hope it reads all divers in the countries and would be an example .

10174849_10200997572461851_1062353343_n.jpg Jon Council's collection Catalina Island

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom