How many licks to the center of a lollipop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug B

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, seriously...

I can set the data sample rate on the Pro Plus 2 in seconds or feet. I assume the more data points you take, the fewer amount of dives can be "recorded". How many dives, hours, or total time can a Pro-Plus 2 store before the memory is full?

I assume once the memory is full that the oldest dive info is erased and replaced by newer dive info?

Also, Is the data output (using the Oceanic software included with the Pro Plus 2) going to be only data? Or, will it be like the output from my Citizen dive watch? The Citizen gives max depth, avg depth, dive time, surface interval, etc... but it also produces these cool looking graphs. The graphs show dive time vs. depth and water temp.

I'm fairly certain that all computer/dive watch manufacturer's only keep in memory what the unit itself can display. Things that can be calculated like average depth, sac are done by the PC software. Putting the circuitry to perform such calculations in the device only drives up the price for the manufacturer.

I don't know specifics about the Pro Plus 2 as I do not have one. But my Oceanic Atom 2 has that information in the manual. I'm guessing yours does too. (re: memory capacity)

There are dive computers out there that display average depth etc. However this is the Oceanic forum and their units do not calculate average depth on the fly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom