How many actually use diver buoy or surface marker buoy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Normal tech procedure is orange DSMB means I am here doing deco, yellow means I am in need of help (this DSMB has a slate on it to advise of the issue). The boat crew then motor over and read the slate so they can help. However this all needs to be explained to the boat crew prior, do not assume they know. Many dont know or use this signalling. This is what I use and have used on tech trips overseas

If you ever want some practice shooting them I am always up for a trip to lake pleasant.

If you ever see a yellow one that says "THOM" on it that is the sign I am in desperate need of a beer and you should do everything in your power to have one moved to the water as quickly as possible. :wink:

Only after I have taken my share as the crew.

I dive with 2 XS scuba lift bags each one has a 100' spool on it I like the XS Bags as they have a velcro strap to keep the bag rolled that is long enough that I can put the velcro strap through the middle of my spool and keep it from unraveling. The lift bags also have a bottom flapper so that they stay inflated on the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom