How Low will Travis Go ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ianr33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Its 640 at the moment. Dropping 2 feet a week.

My money say it will hit 620 before the rains (hopefully!) come.

Who knows what long hidden secrets may be revealed if it gets that low?

Another year and a half, we'll be walking across what used to be Lake Travis.

One of the divers on yesterday's charter was standing on the top of the Boatel with half of his body out of the water.

As the lyrics for a song by Flo Rida goes, the lake will go LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW.

Ten weeks is a bit optimistic. But like you, I am praying for a hurricane.

Robert, might want to think about some area other than Devils Cove for this year's cleanup.

Time for everyone to wash their cars and do a rain dance. Plan on pouring cement and anything else you can think of to tempt the heavens.

Robert, might want to think about some area other than Devils Cove for this year's cleanup.

I put in a request for Oasis Wall and Starnes Island, we will leave Devil's Cove to the muck divers interested in cleaning up the drunk boaters garbage in the cove. All the garbage pulled up should be thrown on their boats after the cleanup so the silt and mud drains onto their pretty boats.

I think LCRA should put a toll entrance into the cove and charge boaters a access fee to cover the cost of cleaning up all the s**t they throw into the lake. I don't care to clean up after a bunch of adults that act like pigs while on the lake. LCRA should be sitting in the cove writing tickets as the s**t "falls" off the boats. Something should be done about the mess by the lake authorities.

I think LCRA should put a toll entrance into the cove and charge boaters a access fee to cover the cost of cleaning up all the s**t they throw into the lake. I don't care to clean up after a bunch of adults that act like pigs while on the lake. LCRA should be sitting in the cove writing tickets as the s**t "falls" off the boats. Something should be done about the mess by the lake authorities.

Agreed.

Unfortunately the drunken pigs have money so LCRA will continue to welcome them with open arms.
And why worry about the crap that falls off boats when those nice divers will go and pick it up for free?

Looking for the odd dead boater does give a nice dive objective though.

Hey, I've been over at Devil's Cove the last few years, and the occasional anchor, oakleys, and other treasures you find makes it worth the beer cans and such you have to silt through. Plus, it's kind of boring going through the LTUC and not getting even a bags worth of trash.

On that note, I'm sure Barstow's wondering if he'll have a bumper crop of Pecans this year around that time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom