How long does a mask last?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long does a mask last?

in my case until some low-life scum steals it...

but i'm not bitter or anything

:14:

I had a US Divers TriWindow mask for more than 20 years.

Some last a long time, some last a short time.

Some break, some are lost or stolen.

It is good to have a backup.

Try this, everytime you go into a dive shop, check the new masks for fit. If you find one that fits better than your current mask, Buy It!

Be sure to check fit with a reg or snorkel and without.

What should I do with my Jauques Coustoe (sp) US DIVERS rectangle three window /w purge in the glass and chrome band around outer edge we are talkin OLD SCHOOL

dmpaq20:
I guess maybe I am looking to but get some new gear.

I have had this Deepsea mask for 3 years now. I replaced the original strap with a green nylon one. It looks and performs good and I have never had a problem with it. I was considering on buying a new one and using this as a backup. So I ask the question.

Thanks in advance, Dave

I have used a Tusa Liberator for the last 8 years....It's used on average 12 hours a week....that's nearly 5000 hours to date. I put an Adjusta Strap on it the day I got it..as I do with all masks. The strap broke last year...thats it.

I wask the skirt with soap and water every two weeks.

Ron

Keep it in a cool dark place when not using it and it will last along time. The new latex ones especially. :wink:

I also have a Tusa Liberator. About 10 - 12 years, I can't remember. I am getting a new mask, but only because I want one in Florida and one in Virginia.

Back
Top Bottom