How long arms do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kapula

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm finally ordering a strobe + all the little thingies that go with it. I'm leaning towards inon z-240 and ultralight tray and arms. How long arms should I buy? I'm looking to get two so the system would be as flexible as possible. I'm wondering if I should at first only use one and later add another one to keep things simplish... I made a query on 8 + 5 inch arms but now I started wondering are those too short? What are your opinions on this? My camera is c-8080 and I'll be using h/w adapter to shoot in ttl or something similar to that (I know c-8080 doesn't actually do ttl :)).
Thanks a bunch for your opinions!

I use the 8" & 5" ULCS arms. They are plenty long for WA and not too cumbersome for macro. I also am using the Z240 strobes. If I am in really crappy water, besides having them out as far as they will go.....I angle them out just a tad.

Some people buy 2 - 8" for WA and 2 - 5" for macro. That is way too many arms to be packing around (IMHO).

HTH,
Dave

Back
Top Bottom