How is the Indo Siren??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlMitch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi fellow bubble blowers.

My wife and I are looking at blowing a very large hole into our bank account and book a LOB trip on the Indo Siren to Raja Ampat.

Does anyone have any first hand reviews on
1) The Indo Siren and its RA trip specifically.
2) The Indo Siren on any trip
3) Any of the Siren boats?

I can hardly find any reviews about the Indo Siren (it is quite a new boat) or on the Siren boats in general. So far what I have read seems all positive BUT the more info the better.

It is after much deliberation and research that I have ended up being most interested in the Indo Siren. All the others, such as Arenui, Seahorse, Pindito end up being a bit more expensive.

MANY MANY thanks in advance for any and all info! And I promise if this dream becomes a reality I will definitely be posting a review.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Great choice - Raja Ampat is the bees knees in the world of scuba.

I would check that there are spaces availalbe on SY Indo Siren - when are you planning on joining the cruise?

Not sure if this will help as the boat is no longer operating but here is our trip report on Sampai Jumpa in Thailand.

Looking forward to your trip report :)

Its only late next year! BUT I need the time to save up!!! And they have me penciled in!

It is quite hard to justify spending so much cash on a 10 day trip that back in South Africa (where I'm originally from) you could buy a decent car! Ha ha ha
OR for the same amount I could spend at least 3 weeks diving in other places in Indo. BUT then again cars in Singapore (where I live now) are ridiculaously expensive AND I dont get enough leave to spend 3 weeks away (as much as I would love to) SO I suppose its justifyable! Ha ha

Sorry for rambling!

AlMitch, with the COE at nearly S$30k, it is better to have more vacation, isn't it? & our transportation is so "world-class"! :wink: (oh well, at least it is mostly quite safe...)

It is quite hard to justify spending so much cash on a 10 day trip that back in South Africa (where I'm originally from) you could buy a decent car! Ha ha ha
OR for the same amount I could spend at least 3 weeks diving in other places in Indo.
Alex, there's an SB member organizing a Raja Ampat trip for Feb/March 2012 if you're interested--11 nights for €1940. Obviously at that price it's a budget-class boat rather than a luxurious one like Siren. I think the trip's by invitation only, but I can find out more if you drop me a PM.

Hijack away. Always looking for new interesting places to visit!

I also have to admit that I have asked for the inpossible from this forum!!!!

The Indo Siren only hits the water in April next year!!!! SO there is no ways people could send me their reviews!!

MY BAD!!!

SO only my original question 3 is relevant:

Has any one got any reviews of any of the SIREN boats??

The SDAA's article on Ahe can be read free here SDAA_2010_04_Papua
According to ScubaSigns this is the 1st time a full article of the current/latest edition is put up by the editor. :blinking: Good things are meant to be shared...

Looking for a new place to go? If you love whalesharks & an adventure... How about Ahe Dive Resort? It is fully owned & run by the Papuan community... Ahe Dive Resort Whale sharks - a set on Flickr Scubasigns Foundation http://scubasigns.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/ahediveresortinfo.pdf

1st read about this place sometime ago, then read about it in ScubaDiver Australasia latest copy...

Sorry for the hijack...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom