How has the Destin diving been lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vonbeck

Reaction score
I am planing a trip with ScubaTech out of Destin on Sept. 18. I was wondering if the recent tropical storm that hit the panhandle screwed up the vis or the marine life.

thanks

The vis is normal for this time of year. Focus on storms and rain closer to your visit time. I dive out of Pcola most every weekend and 20 mi offshore the vis is good down to mid level (about 40-50 ft vis) and about 20-30 ft vis on the bottom. However, the vis can improve or go to cr*p in just a few hours.

We just came back recently...the jellyfish were numerous...some really big critters with particularly nasty stings...my sons took some bad stings. Wear a 3mm. But the vis wasn't bad at all...worth diving! Unless you have $$$ involved, you might try Emerald Coast Scuba, they're a great dive shop down there...very great friendly staff...good luck

I went for a dive the day Bonnie was supposed to hit - no problem at the Jetties. Viz was normal then, I have not gotten back since.

Did a dive off PC 2 weeks ago, and it was fine, normal conditions for the year. We didnt really get that much rain.

The vis wasn't that great today, only ~30-40 feet. There were tons of jellies, some over 12" in diameter. My 3mm kept them from stinging me. The Debra yesterday and Paddlewheel boat today were great dives, despite the jellies and vis. Give me a hollar if you are going to be diving in Destin fun2chaseme@yahoo.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom