How Fast Must You Be Going To Do This??!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave in PA:
The car used to be an Audi. If you look at the vehicles in the background, they sport German plates, I believe. Also, the ambulance/rescue vehicle does not look like a North American one.

Hope the driver was the only one in the car.
Looks like two blankets, so driver and passenger?

Odd, looking at the engine. I would expect with that much damage to see sign of leaking oil, antifreeze, etc.

Split completely in half is pretty bad. I've been to my fair share of accident scenes in my years as a cop, but even the worst of them where the cars were almost split still had the front and back ends connected by a few small bits of metal and pipe.

The worst one I ever saw involved two speed freaks (both in the pedal-pushing and drug-taking senses of the word) who jumped the curb and plowed their car head-on into a power line pole at about 85 MPH. The front end was completely wrapped around the stump of the pole, to the point where they had to cut parts of it away before they could pull it off. The impact knocked live, sparking power lines across a major intersection and ejected the driver through the front windshield, narrowly missing the pole himself. He sustained serious but not life-threatening injuries. His passenger wasn't so lucky. We found her in the space in front of the front passenger seat where your legs go - all of her. Most of her bones were snapped or pulverized by the impact, and it literally compressed her into the small space below the dashboard. Needless to say, she didn't survive.

These pics are a prime reason why we need to occasionally remind ourselves that there's nowhere we need to be in that big of a hurry.

It is indeed a shame, but I hate to say that is the way they drive here in Europe. At least the parts I have been in. Czech, Austria, Germany. Fast and aggressive. Even highways with a limit here in the Czech Republic have 130 km max. Which means people drive 140-170 all the time. The majority of the "highways" are two lane with nuts passing in both directions, AT THE SAME TIME past 18 wheelers. We do see a lot of serious accidents.

My wife and I decided that they all drive like 16 yr olds with a new license and a bad attitude :)

Heaven help you if you are only going 140 km in the fast lane.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom