How expensive is Fakarava/Rangiroa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hello , about the airplane rates , a good way to know the promotions of air tahiti is to be a member in their web page and then , they will send you a email each time that they have a good prices from LA ( news letter ).

Enjoy

Thanks divegirl, you replied to my question in another thread, I guess it sounds like Indonesia is especially amazing for people who like critters and macro and those "you won't find these anywhere else" type species. I guess I'm not at that stage of diving yet, haven't done enough :) It's like going on Safari and not being able to appreciate seeing some super rare monkey if I've never even seen an elephant, lion, zebra or rhino yet. I actually did go on safari and our guide pointed out a rare monkey up high in a tree but I couldn't really appreciate it, he was very excited though. But when four female lions tried to kill a baby elephant and then the elephants got real angry and chased away the lions right in front of our jeep, like 10 feet in front of us. It was like a freight train, the elephants were howling and shaking their heads back and forth with their ears flapping all over the place... WOW. Maybe I just like spectacle :) Which is why I wonder if Rangiroa/Fakarava might not be a better fit as it seems to offer a lot of spectacular huge biomass accumulations in clear water.. I guess similar to Palau which everyone raves about? But instead of staying in a hotel in Koror with crowded dive sites and long boat rides every day, can relax on a nice beach in a bungalow with short boat rides to uncrowded dive sites? Sounds a little more appealing if the diving is similar and just want to dive, read/swim, eat, sleep.

I totally get what you are saying. When I first went to Komodo I took pictures of stuff with no real appreciation of what I was looking at. When I look back at those pictures I see rare stuff that have not seen again. Cool critters that some people wait a lifetime for. The other thing that you will see in places like Komodo and Raja Ampat (Fiji as well) is absolutely amazing soft corals. Whole walls filled with breathtaking orange yellow and red soft corals. My 3 of my 5 favorite dives are in Komodo and 2 of them are not considered "macro" dives.

I think that FP is where you want to go, so you should. It is amazing and you will love it. I have noticed that many of the people who rave about certain areas or places to dive have only been to a couple places so I think you should take in what people say but don't base your decisions solely on their advice. There are so many factors that can influence why someone might have a good time or a bad time. If you go into it with a good, thankful attitude you can have amazing dives just about anywhere. Put Komodo on your list bucket list, I know you will love that as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom