How does Rescue Diver compare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdmoody13:
I am curious how much of the paramedic might compensate for classroom time toward the medical half of Rescue Diver... Not trying to get out of anything, just figured one might help the other.
Different approaches to this. Some use a pre-printed script when teaching these classes. If you can "check off" some skills the instructor won't teach them. Others teach all the steps without regard to your previous learning.

It would be good to "interview" a few instructors to see what their approach is. If they aren't asking you in-depth question to assess what you're about, with an eye for customizing your rescue class a bit - keep looking.

Rescue is usually a fun class to take. For a good instructor, its a gas to have a student who is already tuned in to emergency thinking, and who already has some emergency training. You should be able sense that in a potential instructor, unless they only teach a course-in-a-box.

Good luck!

dlndavid:
Diver Diver are you OK? I just took the class, still pumped up. :D

You forgot to say "my name is yourname".... and I hope to heck you have your regulation blue gloves in your pocket! :)

Vandit

vkalia that made me laugh .
any doing the rescue diver course does make u a much better and aware diver when i did my rescue diver course (long time ago)i had 1 of the best times still laugh about it to this day but on a serious note wow u suddenly realize it is possible that a lot of things can go wrong so do the course will make u a better diver

I would HIGHLY recomend this course to all divers !! I have been working with instructors at my LDS (I am a DM) teach this course over the past few years and I can say for sure that it will be one of the most demanding and challenging courses you will take !!
It will change . . but educate you as a diver as to HOW to help others with out becomming a victum your self. I learned a LOT from the course years ago and I have had the pleasure of seeing divers learn and grow into very confident Rescue Divers.
If and when you sign up for the course . . make sure it is in a group of 4 or 5 . . we have found that the team work and the support of your team members is a great plus.

Good luck

During the course, you begin to realize that s&%t happens and being prepared with the proper gear, attitude and skill set, you're ready to provide assistance. At first, it was a bit overwhelming conceptualizing all the various failure modes, but once you start to develop a systematic approach to isolating the problem and assessing the best course of action, you begin to develop a healthy dose of confidence.

It was the most enjoyable and rewarding course so far in my dive training.

Back
Top Bottom