How do you track your maintenance?

How do you register/would like to register your maintenance logs.

• I use an RFID system to register all maintenance logs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the idea and would like to register my maintenance logs on an RFID system.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeXx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So, as per the title, how do you guys keep track of maintenance/checks of your gear?
If it was just a visual inspection or overall.

I came up with the idea of using RFID tags on each piece of gear, one for main reg, another for backup, one for first stage and so on.
So basically you read the memory of the RFID tag and it has a full description of the last maintenance, date and serial number of the piece of equipment.
Up until today I was using a tag like this zip tied to the hose:
Screenshot from 2024-07-23 18-10-54.png

It's not very large but can quickly start to become cumbersome.
So I came up with this design, substantially smaller. USB C port next to it for comparison:
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-23 at 18.14.20.jpeg

Those RFID tags can be read with almost any smartphone on the spot.
I would like to hear your opinions on this idea and how you register your gear maintenance.

Cheers

Your options are lacking. Maintenance is rinsing your gear after you're done. I service mine when it begins to fail, I do maintenance as required and after use. I don't care about OEM service intervals.

I track it in my dive logging app Mac Dive.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 1.41.58 PM.png

I only look at hoses as they are the only thing I can't see inside, replace when they leak or show telltale signs ish

008.JPG

Back
Top Bottom