How do you tell Original vs Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN Traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How can you tell the difference between the Original Force Fins and the Force Fin Pro?

Is there a marking somewhere that indicates which ones are which?
I've looked at the pictures on the website and cannot find anything.

Thanks

the only indication that I know if is the tag on the heel strap, The Pro says "Pro" on it. Other than that, I think you just need to know how each one of them feels.

Messier42 is correct. The heel strap, Nylon or Bungie, has a Force Fin logo and below that Logo it will say PRO if it is a PRO and it will just have the Force Fin Logo if it is an original.

Messier42 is correct. The heel strap, Nylon or Bungie, has a Force Fin logo and below that Logo it will say PRO if it is a PRO and it will just have the Force Fin Logo if it is an original.

Unfortunately that does not help me since the pair I got did not have have any Tag on the heel strap. :shakehead: They had a replacement set of Bungie straps. Since they feel stiffer than my Originals when you try to bend them, I'm assuming (and I know what that gets me) they are PROs. I had 3 people do a "blind" test and all picked the same fin as stiffer.

TN traveler,
We have talked about this before and I did forget to mention it again so thank you for bringing it up.
The Originals due have a lower durameter and are more flexible then the PROS . The PROS feel more stiff then the Originals. I like your blind test and it does indeed work.

If you have a Neon Yellow Force Fin more than likely it is a PRO. The originals that have been made in Neon yellow were special order for select groups and the number is very few.

Both pairs are Black - so color is no help.

The Originals were my first pair of Force Fins in Large. As discussed before, I got lucky and got a used pair of Excellerating FFs in Tan Delta in XL. My wife tried the Large, but they are a little too big (unless she wore 5mm heavy soled boots - which she hates for tropical diving) and she wanted something a little stiffer (she was a competitive swimmer) - so I got her a pair of what were advertised as PROs, in ML. When they got here, I could not tell if they were actually PROs - hence my question on telling them apart. The MLs fit her perfectly (in a light 3 mm boot) - and if they are not stiff enough - I guess I'm looking at Tan Delta material.

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom