How do you store your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hanging it in the closet is better. I had three or four 7mil suits hanging in my closet and the rod fell! Those things are heavy so if you're hanging several of them make sure the rod is strong enough to hold their weight plus the weight of everything else.
Ber :bunny:

We hang ours(me, wife,12 yo daughter) (3 2.5 mil shorties, and 3 2.5 mil longies) a good deal of weight there. They dry on the back porch, and them move to the "scuba room" to be hung on a 1.5 inch dowel.

mtcw,

Mad

Hang it somewhere out of direct sunlight. I found it helpful to get a couple of big, fat, plastic scuba hangers...

I hang mine also, try to avoid a place were it will be exposed to ozone (near any electric motors) as it will speed deterioration of the rubber.

I don't dive wet anymore but I still have my wetsuit. I store it by hanging it up with a very broad shouldered hanger. That keeps it from crushing the neoprene from the weight on the shoulders. I soak my suit in fresh water for about a day, wash it with some sink the stink or mouthwash, dry it and hang it. Just be careful not to expose it to a lot of sun while hanging it or storing it. It will break down the neoprene. I've had suits last me for years by taking care of them.

Scott

Just got my wetsuit and did some reading about how to store. Do not store folded up becaue the folds can permanantly compress the air bubbles in the neoprene, thereby giving it less insulation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom