How do you like your GEO 2.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timten

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Everyone,
How do you like your GEO 2.0? I've read that the original had a few problems. Thanks,
Tim

I have had no problems so far. I really like having a wrist computer that also serves as a wrist watch.

so far, so good

I'll give you a better report after a week in Coz later this month

I've had mine about 2 months and it's been great so far. The ability to use different gas mixes is cool and came in handy when my Nitrox fills were 32 and 34, was easy enough to change it.

fair warning the manual reads terrible so allow yourself some time to play with the watch while trying to make sense of the manual. I printed off a few key pages (changing air mix, accessing logs, algorithm settings) and keep them with my log book. I did get the hang of it but it wasn't very intuitive.

Also don't rely on the audiable alarms - I can't hear them very well. I've triggered it a few times by raising my wrist up to my face too fast and the watch flips out and sets off the rapid ascent warning :shakehead:

I haven't had any issues with scratching it up yet but I'm trying to find that protective lens. They include a lens cover but it's that clear bra material and not the hard plastic lens I've had on previous models.

It's a great watch though and easy to read even during night dives. Now that I'm used to the interface I really like it and have no problem digging my way throught the menus. We'll see how the battery does over time.

...... allow yourself some time to play with the watch while trying to make sense of the manual. .....
And take our Geo 2.0 online class

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom