How do you keep your u/w camera attached?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Augy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm leaving next week for a dive trip and taking my Oly C4000Z and PT-010 for the first time. How should keep the camera and housing attached to me so I don't lose it?

In your hand is the only 100% answer, I used a brass snap bolt to secure an MX-5 to my BC and it's now out there in the Gulf stream somewhere.

Augy:
I'm leaving next week for a dive trip and taking my Oly C4000Z and PT-010 for the first time. How should keep the camera and housing attached to me so I don't lose it?

I keep it on a lanyard. It's retractable and keeps the camera close to my chest. I find it's out of the way from being dragged along the bottom and keeps my hands free. Also, I have the strap attached as a back-up. I don't recommend getting a suicide clip (D-ring) since it could accidentally fall off. OTOH, it also depends on the size of your camera where you would want to attach it.
One thing to keep in mind is attaching it somewhere that you can easily get rid of it...yes you read that correctly. If you ever get into a situation that you have to dump your camera to do an emergency ascent you can get to it quickly.

Augy:

I put a stainless steel split ring arounf the cam tray, then a clip into that. This provides security and keeps it close to my BC.

Its in my hands 90% of the time - but if I'm not shooting for extended periods, its clipped off. Like Fido.

K

I use a coiled lanyard like this one.....

abw.jpg

...only mine isn NOT pink! I loop the cord end onto the tray and the brass clip attaches to a D-ring on my BC. During the dive I unclip the center so it stretches out but the coil keeps it neat. When I get ready to exit the water, the center is clipped back together.

Mine's a compact model that I can stuff under my shoulder harness strap (but still clipped off to a d-ring). Frees me up for other diving activities (surveying, lugging other stuff, goofing).

My first console was pink.....and I mean PINK! Everybody could find me under water real quick and always made getting acquainted real easy..."Wow! A pink console!!"...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom