How Do You Guys Travel with Your Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lowepro flipside trek bp 450 aw

My a6500 and the seafrog housing with flat port fits in the top pocket, I can even add some accessories in their case to fill in the space (batteries / dive computer)
Laptop in the front laptop pocket
And then I have the whole camera pocket to fit the 2 strobes, 2 dive lights, batteries, and 4 lenses.

Bag is heavy (10kg+) but never had any issues when travelling (except the usual idiots at airport security that make you take out everything)

I wrap my 8" dome in bubble wrap and it goes in my main luggage between my clothes.

I use an Osprey 28L backpack, there's plenty of room for my housing, dome port, strobes, and lenses. I use tshirts to help provide extra cushioning/protection, particularly the dome.

Nanuk makes a really nice hard shell case that you can make foam cut-outs from.
Great for a camera setup you can bring on as a carry-on.

Here is how my wife Nathalie setup up her camera for travelling in one of these.

Since the pictures taken for this writeup initially, she's added more 'cut outs' for lights, arms, extenders etc. There is basically two layers of foam so you can put lots of stuff and still have a foam cover/protector.

The only drawback with something like this is that it 'looks like something expensive' ... but less of a worry when it's a carry on and in sight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom