How do you dive the Cedarville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

Can anyone please give me a boat recommendation to dive the Cedarville? What would be the best month to dive it and any idea about the bottom temperatures? Thanks.

Hi there,

Can anyone please give me a boat recommendation to dive the Cedarville? What would be the best month to dive it and any idea about the bottom temperatures? Thanks.
Boats where you can just book a walk-on seat aren’t that common in the Straits. I’m there in the late spring with a charter an instructor friend set up.

There is a charter op based up there that might take some walk-ons, but I have to look up the name. Can’t remember it. A lot of good charter ops have trailerable boats they will bring up for specific trips as they go around Michigan, Huron, and maybe Superior. The group I’m going with scheduled last year. That’s the way it usually works up there.

Early in the season is better for the Great Lakes. Better viz. The bottom is at 110’ish. Temps will probably be low 40s.

I got two dives on her in 2019. Awesome wreck.

If you want a tech charter, you will have to deliberately schedule one.

And whenever you go, book your lodging asap. Northern Michigan’s vacation season is pretty much Memorial Day to Labor Day and things book up fast.

Nautical North Family Adventures is the charter op I was thinking of. A MI dive club I’m a member of had just sent out an email about the trip they’ve set up. The organizer mentioned dates were hard to come by since they had waited so long to get something set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom