How do YOU care for your Whites Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too hard for me to test in my basement "laboratory." The assumption that it was involved, though, is the reason I kept my suit sealed in an airtight container when not in use.

EDIT: I forgot to add this.

I was told that ozone damage results in a form of dry rot, with the seal drying out and falling apart. The degradation I was seeing was a sticky, gooey mess, with the latex turning into something that looked like tar. Do a search and you will find past threads on this. It happened all over the world.

Ah -- mine failed with cracking and checkering in places.

To add some commentary to the gooey seals...it happens with almost ALL manufacturers. We do a ton of repairs, and see it all the time. It is not limited to Whites IMO. No clue what causes it, but with the replaceable seal systems, who cares. Go silicon, get some backups, and go dive with no worries about a blown seal killing your dives.

Jax is jumping for joy now that the smaller silicon seals are about to be released :wink:

Back
Top Bottom