How do you back up your computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

................ :deadhorse:

:D

My computer IS my SPG. If the computer fails, I have no way of knowing my depth. Given this, the tables are not going to be very helpful.

Dive with an SPG to "backup" the computer, you say? I do. It's a second computer :)

With another computer.

For most NDL dives no back up is fine. The vast majority of people recreationally diving are on dives where an immediate ascent at a safe rate is fine. I dive two computers on the warm water dives I do with my wife so that I can keep diving that day if one fails. I dive two computers off the Jersey coast because there I may have a substantial period of time to make it to the anchor line before I can make an ascent.

wear a second computer. when it comes to primary or secondary life support, remember this....

2 is 1 and 1 is none....

i you wanna back up on tables (i do even tho i carry two computers), multi level in 20 foot increments (or more, depending on your tables), and track the times at each. not too hard to do once your used to it. if you need to write down, get some wrist slates, the easiest to use.

Back
Top Bottom