How do I use a Sensorcon with a Scuba tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI, Plastic parts should only be able to be pressed up against the valve opening. Anything attached can turn into a missile if the valve is opened too much.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the yoke connector might be a yoke to DIN adapter, and the black part is plastic with a brass nipple that slides in for the threaded end. I have no doubt the plastic screw in part could be made with a 3D printer and you could easily find a nipple to insert. Using minimal air flow from the tank, you would not need anything that requires high pressure tolerances. Even if the threaded part leaked a bit, the Sensorcon would read the CO in the air coming into the sensor port whether you stuck the hose in the port or put the Sensorcon in a plastic bag with the hose inserted into the bag.

I don't own a 3D printer but I could probably get a piece of PVC pipe that is the same diameter and have my plumber thread it to match the Yoke adapter. Then I can cut it to the right length and glue on a thick flat piece of PVC and shape it up with my Dremel tool.
The nipple would be pretty easy to insert after that.

Back
Top Bottom