How do I upload photos to a thread or pm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm at a loss on how to include photos. Ive done it before but things have since changed. I can't even seem to be able to cut and paste.

Help

Click the Insert Image icon - the third from the right on the toolbar.

Untitled-1.jpg

In the dialog box select the source. If it's a URL just paste it in. If it's an image on your computer, select it and hit upload. You should then see [noparse][ATTACH-CONFIG]xxxxxx[/ATTACH][/noparse] in your post. Save/Preview the post and the image will be imbedded in the post.

The image will be embedded in your post where the cursor is was located at the time you hit the Insert Image icon.

To delete an image use Manage Attachments option in the Advanced posting screen. The system will track all your recent attachments, the current image should be shown in the lower left corner of the window - hover over the top right corner of the thumbnail and x it to remove the image from your post.

It works basically the same for PM's except that the image needs to be on-line somewhere, the PM system does not allow you to upload from your local computer.

Thanks!! I'll give it a shot when I get home.

You can also upload your photos to the SB Photo Gallery or some other online photo gallery like photobucket or facebook. If you know the image link, you place the image link between the img tag... like this:

[img]http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Outside_Wreck.jpg[/img]

Which yields:

Outside_Wreck.jpg

In the SB Gallery... To get the image link with the img tag included... you click on your photo, and look on the right of the screen to see the medium image link... copy that, and paste it into a post.

Pictures have been successfully uploaded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom