How do I transfer video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kramynot2000

Reaction score
I'm headed to the Bahamas this summer and thought that instead of lugging down my old video setup, I'd play around with the video of my C5060. So I figured out how to take the video, but I can't see how to transfer it to my PC. I'm just using the Camedia program that came with the camera. Is there a function to do this? If not, can anyone recommend any software that would allow the video transfer?

Thanks,
Tony

Are you satisfied with the quality of the 5060 video? I believe its more like 15fps vs 30fps (normal video). It may appear a little jittery. Download to a computer should be the same as downloading stills. Use the USB cable with the camera, or use a card reader & Windows Explorer to transfer files. The vidoe file should be a .mov or .avi. Haven't played with video on my 5050 but its recorded on the CF card, so should be the same process.

I download the movie clips from my 5050 just like the photos...via the USB cable directly from the camera into the file on my computer in Windows Explorer. I never use the Camedia program, in fact I deleted it from my computer.

What program are you running on the computer to do the transfer? Or do you do something on the camera? For stills, I plug in the camera and turn it on and then the camedia program starts automatically. Then I click on "transfer images" and I can transfer the stills but I don't see any video... it just occurred to me, my stills are on one card and the video is on the CF card. Maybe I have to switch the camera to the CF card?

kramynot2000:
I'm headed to the Bahamas this summer and thought that instead of lugging down my old video setup, I'd play around with the video of my C5060. So I figured out how to take the video, but I can't see how to transfer it to my PC. I'm just using the Camedia program that came with the camera. Is there a function to do this? If not, can anyone recommend any software that would allow the video transfer?

Thanks,
Tony
Yup, you just DL it as you do your pictures. But, as said it will not be the quality of a true video camera.
You can DL with the camedia software but to do anything with it. You have to pay about 20 or 30 bucks and upgrade your camedia software on the olympus website.

Aloha,
Lisa

What size cards are you using? Make sure you have enough capacity for those long, warm tropical dives. Also, consider a separate USB card reader. Its usually faster, & you're not wasting the camera battery. Have fun.

First things first, delete the useless camedia software. If you are using Windows (I use XP), just go to "my computer" and find the 5060 as an external drive, download from there
Chris

Camedia at least has a slide show feature. You may want to use that. Otherwise I probably would also not use it because I have Photoshop.

jcclink:
Camedia at least has a slide show feature. You may want to use that. Otherwise I probably would also not use it because I have Photoshop.
Can you edit an mpeg with photoshop? or photshop elements?

justleesa:
Can you edit an mpeg with photoshop? or photshop elements?

Unfortunately, no. I'd love to take all the .mov clips I have and combine them, especially those from trips. But from what I could find out, I would need to convert the Quicktime .mov clips to whatever it is that Windows reads. I don't know enough about video editing and the lingo to follow the whole discussion but learned enough to know I didn't have the money for the program or the time to sit and do it.

If you find out different, let me know!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom