How Do I Reverse the Seat in 1st Stage Calypso Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you take the LP hose off the second stage, you can see the LP seat and inspect its condition.

JamesBon92007, if you are trying to remove the part I think you are, don't forget to depress the purge lever while turning it. Otherwise the hard seat can cut a nice groove into the rubber seat as it turns. Depressing the lever will also make turning easier. (In case you missed it in the manual)

Last edited:
Very good point! The others that I removed (Dacor, Sherwood) had an adjustment screw that could be backed-off first. That would also mean that the lever should be depressed when making adjustments on the LP seat too. I don't think I read that in either (Dacor, Sherwood) of the manuals.

As for Paladin954's suggestion I'll try looking again with the lever depressed. I couldn't really see into it very well so maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough. The last thing I want to do is mess it up when it works fine now.

Back
Top Bottom