How do I post a short video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianS:
Why pay a fee when there are a ton of free hosting sites?
Got any links to any that don't try to upsell you to a paid program? Or limit the monthly bandwidth so much that no one can d/l your video.

After further review of Mpegnation, it appears to be a one time deal at $4.95 per video. Up to 1GB video uploads though. And if you want users to be able to d/l it, it's another $13.95. Although I think Firefox gets around that...

I looked at Video Desk but their monthly transfer is 5MB/100MB so only 20 people can view your video. I'm just about to buy hosting somewhere for a project I'm working on so I'd appreciate links to any good free sites you've found.

Especially ones that don't limit the file size to under 5MB and don't have banners/pop-up ads that they subject viewers to - although this is probably a pipe dream as most of the free hosting sites base part of the revenue model on showing banner ads to your viewers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom