How do I get at the raw data in OceanLog/ProPlus2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flightlead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First, I'm disappointed that I can't get pressure info on each datapoint in OceanLog.

Q1) Is this data actually saved and just not displayed? Is it stored in the DC? Is it downloaded?

q2) how can I extract data from the dive log details into Excel or raw ascii etc?

Thanks

First, I'm disappointed that I can't get pressure info on each datapoint in OceanLog.

Q1) Is this data actually saved and just not displayed? Is it stored in the DC? Is it downloaded?

q2) how can I extract data from the dive log details into Excel or raw ascii etc?

Thanks

I was disapointed about the pressure not being saved when I got my ProPlus2.
I have asked the same question lots of times but never got an answer.

I have noticed on there add, the new ProPlus2.1 does.
I have asked if the firmware on the ProPlus2 can be upgraded to ProPlus2.1

No one seems to know.

I can't speak for the new version of the DC but I can say with a high degree of certainty that the pressure data is simply not there for the proplus2. I have written my own downloader code that reads the data directly from pelagic dive computers and the way that computer works is that it periodically
takes samples (based on time or depth changes) and logs the sample data.
It does store the pressure when the dive starts and ends but
what I've seen in each sample during the dive, is:
elapsed time minutes, N2 bar graph reading, elapsed time hours, ascent rate indicator value,
O2 bar graph reading, depth, dive time remaining, temperature,
There are 2 fields that I never managed to decode but I'm fairly confident that they are related to deco timing and are not the pressure value.

So I believe that the pressure data is simply not tracked by that dive computer.

--- bill

I to have asked this question if there is goin to be a firmware update to make the Proplus 2 be able to display pressure and recieved no answer.

So far as for me with emailing Oceanic the Customer service seems to be not good.

Back
Top Bottom