How do I attach an image not in my gallery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The image needs to be on the web somewhere and you then paste in the location between the image tags. It doesn't need to be in your photogallery but it does need to be somewhere addressable. Since I don't have my images stored anywhere else on the web I just upload them to Pug Pics in my Scuba Board gallery and then link to them there. The image below is just an example pulled off the SB portal page. I right clicked on the image and selected copy image location and then pasted that address in between img and /img [with brackets].
new.gif

Here is the code that produced it (I've change the first bracket so that it won't just repeat the picture:
{img]http://www.scubaboard.com/matrix/icons/new.gif[/img]

A couple of things to keep in mind:
1. Images must comform to ScubaBoard's TOS
2. Images will only remain as long as the address remains valid.
3. If the picture is deleted or changed at the source it will be deleted or changed in the thread as well.

Thanks UP

I just wanted to return a modified photo to someone to show them how to fix it in Photoshop and did not want to put it in my gallery as I did not take it.

Uncle Pug:
The image needs to be on the web somewhere and you then paste in the location between the image tags. It doesn't need to be in your photogallery but it does need to be somewhere addressable. Since I don't have my images stored anywhere else on the web I just upload them to Pug Pics in my Scuba Board gallery and then link to them there. The image below is just an example pulled off the SB portal page. I right clicked on the image and selected copy image location and then pasted that address in between img and /img [with brackets].
new.gif

Here is the code that produced it (I've change the first bracket so that it won't just repeat the picture:
{img]http://www.scubaboard.com/matrix/icons/new.gif[/img]

A couple of things to keep in mind:
1. Images must comform to ScubaBoard's TOS
2. Images will only remain as long as the address remains valid.
3. If the picture is deleted or changed at the source it will be deleted or changed in the thread as well.

Sorry, there is no way to send the photo, as an attachment, with our PM system if the photo is not posted somewhere in the web. Either you ask the other person for their email addi or you post the picture in a private folder of your gallery (that way it doesn't get mixed up with your pics), using the yellow icon you include it in your PM and then delete it again once the other person dl's it.

Grajan:
Thanks UP

I just wanted to return a modified photo to someone to show them how to fix it in Photoshop and did not want to put it in my gallery as I did not take it.

Graham:

I had a similar issue. My solution was to create a private album like Leesa suggests (I called it "Posts and Tutorials") and upload the images to that album. It is not a part of my gallery so it is not available for public viewing. I can link the images into posts and private messages. Follow Pug's instructions. This method works for me.

If you want to be real private, send a PM to the member and your email address and ask him/her to email a request for the image. This method works better for larger files and PSDs.

Hope this helps.

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom