How deep with the Legend LX???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tiefseetaucher

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
How deep did you guys go with your legend?
I know that the Apeks ATX100 had a world record with 254 meters and the Mares Abyss with 313m.
Are there any records with the Legend series?

Tiefseetaucher:
How deep did you guys go with your legend?
I know that the Apeks ATX100 had a world record with 254 meters and the Mares Abyss with 313m.
Are there any records with the Legend series?

I'm not sure that a depth record is proof that a regulator is good. A lot of things don't work the same deeper than 200 meters. Also, the same diver who made the 313 meter dive on the Mares reg also made a lot of 100+ meter deep dives on the Sherwood Brut, which most recreational divers would agree is a stiff breather.... He also made his 150 meter dive using rental stock from the dive-center he was working from at the time..... in other words. He's not particularly picky, he may even prefer a bit of "stiffness" but that's just speculation. He did tell me that he thinks Poseidon regs are dangerous and unpredictable at deeper depths and he knows of at least one deep diver who nearly bit-it because of a quirky Poseidon. Other than that I suspect he'll dive with anything that works ok with trimix.

R..

I agree with Diver0001. The way you describe the way your reg breathes is a subjective thing, everyone is different. I've had mine over 200' and they have been great. How deep do you want to go? I think you might just be asking to see how it breathes at depth.

I was not really interested if there is a record with that regulator, that was more of an example. I am not planning on going beyound 140 feet right now.
I was just wondering how deep people have used it and how they have liked it?

Tiefseetaucher:
I was not really interested if there is a record with that regulator, that was more of an example. I am not planning on going beyound 140 feet right now.
I was just wondering how deep people have used it and how they have liked it?

You will like that regulator at any depth you are likely to be diving. It is a sound regulator. Everyone that owns one likes it, of this i'm certain. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

The legend series is a recreational regulator. It's good but....

Al Mialkovsky:
The legend series is a recreational regulator. It's good but....

What do you imply? Do you think it is not good for technical diving?

I fully agree with what ppl have posted above. truthfully i won't add much to the discussion, and haven't used any Legends before. just wanted to add this as an aside.

Current depth record: Nuno Gomes 318.25 mtrs on Poseidons. (i believe it was Xtreme Deeps on the bottom and Cyclon travels)

Cheers,

JE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom