How can I make my intergrated alt air reg fit a rental BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get yourself a standard octo and put a standard inflator on your bc. I have two shadows one I got when i purchased some used gear including a blizzard reg. I put my old octo from my sherwood brut on the blizzard and it's now my son's reg. The shadow went into the drawer. I also bought another reg for the first stage to set up a system for my argon bottle. It came with a shadow. This one I keep as a spare octo/lp hose in my save-a-dive kit along with the spg that was on it. The aqualung/us divers sea2 is in the drawer. My primary reg is an oceanic delta 3 w/swivel octo. there are two inflator hoses (bc and drysuit) and my console. I also have a sherwood brut reg with pony bottle guage for my pony. I also carry an lp hose for it in case I want to use my pony to inflate a lift bag with my blow gun which is more precise than using a second stage. Bottom line-none of my integrated regs are used for anything more than back-up. But a back-up is no good if you don't know how or when to use it. For this reason about once a month I put together a reg with the integrated back up and use it either in the pool or on one or two ow dives. And I practice using it everytime it's hooked up. But I'm fortunate enough to have enough gear to do this. I also have two bc's, two masks, two sets of fins, etc. Redundancy is a good thing. The only thing I'm looking for now is a cdx5 first stage with a DIN fitting. If anyone has one let me know. But traveling overseas I would want everything to be as simple as possible. Therfore a standard setup with nonintegrated octo would seem to be the best idea.

scubasassy:
OOps, Stephen already answered that I just swap out my BC hose for a standard hose. Wonder how much this will cost me!

Under $30 bucks for a standard hose at:

http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/hoses/lp_inflator.html

But I'm sure you can check other sources. More if you add a second regulator as backup. However, check out the site, they've got some good octos for under $100.

aside from all the arguments for and against Air2 type devices, well this is another argument against. When it comes down to it, it's a non standard setup and makes it hard to take just your reg someplace, or swap things if you have a problem. I'd either take your BC (maybe you can ship it home if the diving part is early in your trip) or else buy a regular alternate and inflator hose. Or plan that you might have to rent it all. I wouldn't count on cobbling things together along the way.

what kind of Air2 do you have? brand...
i know aqualung has a part that you can put on there hose to make it fit a reg inflatorhose

Back
Top Bottom