How are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations @Marie13 glad to hear some positive news :)

Here's hoping that it's another 20 year stint (assuming that you want another 20 year run)

@DBPacific, thanks for the check in on everyone. A big congratulations on the PhD program! What's your area of focus for your doctoral work?

@DBPacific, thanks for the check in on everyone. A big congratulations on the PhD program! What's your area of focus for your doctoral work?
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it.
I'll be looking at coastal and marine ecology and biodiversity using genetics. I'm hoping to work in particular on the impact of dams and dam removal on fishery restoration/conservation and human communities in Maine.

It'll put me right next to my old dive sites from a few years ago too so I'm hoping to get more of that nice, chilly, coldwater diving in.

I'll be looking at coastal and marine ecology and biodiversity using genetics.

Very cool, certainly important questions to be asking!!!! My lab does some genetics work, but it's more of an additional tool to ask questions about animal behavior and signal evolution.

It's been more than a hot minute since I've been on SB, and I just wanted to pop in and ask how folks are doing. It's been a crazy past year and I hope everyone in the SB community is doing alright.

On my part: mom got through chemo and is enjoying her hair growing back and getting more energy. I'm changing up and got into a PhD program in the northeast US, and the family and friends who got covid have luckily all made it through.

My dive gear has all been sadly tucked away in my gear box with no soon signs of getting wet. I'm definitely gonna need a refresher and skill practice before I get back in the water.

How are y'all holding up?

congrats with the PhD if I missed congratulating you.

Back
Top Bottom