How about shore dives in front of the Smart Resort on Mabul

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bearteacher.tw:
Dear Tzeyap,

Do you think staying and diving with Smart Resort nice or not?

Could you share more about your experience of this trip?

Thanks.

Bearteacher
Dear Bearteacher,
I enjoyed myself thoroughly on this trip to Smart.
The accomodation is good. Spacious air-conditioned rooms (a little basic). The whole resort is well kept and clean. Very quiet overall ie. no annoying loud music or the type of guest who make noise.
Meals provided were good and tasty. Always a fair selection to cater to most palates.
3 full meals per day included and unlimited free flow of hot beverages, snacks and fresh fruit throughout the day.
good library of books on marine life and videos.
dive services can only be decribed as excellent. from the time i loaded my gear and dry bags on to the trolley at the airport, I did not have to touch them again until I packed to leave. Apart from that, the only time I touched them was to put on my gear and take them off!! The resort staff took care of everything. Good dive boats with plenty of room to gear up and move around. On two tank dives at sipadan, water ,hot beverage and snacks provided. full nitrox and tech dive centre.
The water bungalows are nice and more upmarket with satellite t.v. and more classy dining room. they are buit on the water ! More pricey. Personally I was quite happy with the lower cost older accomodation. the swimming pool is at the original side of the resort.
The diving ? Mabul ig great for muck diving. Lots of little critters and a paradise for those into macro photography. Sipadan is world class wall diving; excellent vis when I was there and big ones for those who like to see big reef and pelagics.

Thanks for Tzeyap's sharing experience in the Smart Resort.

I expect much to dive there this late June now.

I will try shore divings from the jetty of the water bungalows although I will also stay in the older accomodation.

bearteacher.tw:
Thanks for Tzeyap's sharing experience in the Smart Resort.

I expect much to dive there this late June now.

I will try shore divings from the jetty of the water bungalows although I will also stay in the older accomodation.

Right - good decision. The waterbungalows are very nice but I like the older part much more and I always try to get a bungalow there. Sometimes it looked very lonely on the otherside - but it could haved change now, after Sipadan is closed and more bungalows are finished and more people are comming to Mabul.

Use the search button here Mabul and you'll see what you can expect.
Shore diving at the jetty is pretty nice if you have an eye for the small things. Especially at night!.
Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom