Houston LDS????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outlawaggie

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good LDS in Houston. So far I have not been impressed. Of the ones I visited one slamed Aeris gear (they didn't sell it) and praised Oceanic. Funny thing is both are made by Pelagic. (Same insides).

So my question to everyone is where should I go. I would prefer a PADI shop but that is by no means a requirement. More than anything I just want honest advice and fair pricing.

outlawaggie:
I'm looking for a good LDS in Houston. So far I have not been impressed. Of the ones I visited one slamed Aeris gear (they didn't sell it) and praised Oceanic. Funny thing is both are made by Pelagic. (Same insides).

So my question to everyone is where should I go. I would prefer a PADI shop but that is by no means a requirement. More than anything I just want honest advice and fair pricing.
Finding a good LDS is kind of hard to do. I thought I had found one in the Clear Lake area but he broke it off in me pretty hard. I wont say the name here but if you pm me I'll be happy to tell you the name.I dont know where you live but I have been to one on Richmond, The Giggling Marlin, and they seemed actually want my business. I live in Dickinson so its a long haul up there. I would drop in a shop as I had time and just look around and see how they treat you. If you like them then you found you a shop.

I'm in Katy. Amazingly, there in no Dive shop west of Hwy 6. Of the shops I've been in i have not been impressed with any and flat out annoyed at most. But...I'll keep looking.

I can recommend Discover Scuba on Dunlavy (713/523-9055), WW Diving in Humble (281/540-1616), R&D Scuba ( 713/266-0722)and Sea Sports(713/977-0028) on Westeimer. These are the shops we frequent the most.

There are others who either have great inventories, or treat you as a valued customer but not both together. :06:

I don't know what you mean by "fair pricing." As authorized dealers, they all have to live with the pricing dictates of the manufacturers, meaning they've got about the same flexibility as a vending machine. That said, I'd recommend Discover Scuba on Dunlavy and R&D Scuba on Westheimer. I've never been to Giggin' Marlin or WW Diving but I've heard some good things about them, too.

Dee:
I can recommend Discover Scuba on Dunlavy (713/523-9055), WW Diving in Humble (281/540-1616), R&D Scuba ( 713/266-0722)and Sea Sports(713/977-0028) on Westeimer. These are the shops we frequent the most.

There are others who either have great inventories, or treat you as a valued customer but not both together. :06:
I totally and whole heartely agree with Dee's suggestions. I deal with all of them.

outlawaggie:

Well,

I guess I'll just jump in here too. I agree with Dee. Since you're in Katy, I'd try R&D Scuba on Westheimer, just west of Beltway 8. Good inventory, great folks. Ask 'em for some coffee.

Regards,

Craig at Universal Scuba on westhiemer is one of the best human beings that you will ever meet, honest and sincere. Also he is the best scuba tech in Houston , he has been servicing scuba gear for almost 20 years now. Consider having someone who knows WHAT THEY ARE DOING, when it comes to life support equipment. When it comes to scuba instruction Mark Jansen is top notch. He is also one of the top guys with Houston Polce Dive Team.
Universal just got a new line of Bcd s called the eagle , it smokes the zeagle in quality and in price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom