Housing O-rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold_Under_Here

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the process of designing a camera housing for the summer, what recommendations do you have for the o-rings (large ones)? Brands, efficient shapes, etc?? Good lubtricants?

I have a really neat idea, I'll let you all see it when I'm finished!! I'm in the middle of uni exams at the moment so no tweaky and playing with tools until I'm done... :11doh:

Lubricant wise, use silicone grease.. like what you use on your dive light o-ring....

I would go with a larger o-ring.. check with your local hydrolics shop for those.. AS for shape, that is up to you....... Would be nice to see when you have it completed.

I just use the one that goes with the cam housing and have a spare. I guess that defeats the purpose of DIY, though! I'm a wuss; too afraid my housing will leak and ruin my cam. Silicone grease is the lube I use.

What would b the most suitable o-ring as a spare fo ikelite's housing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom