Housing for G12 - rated for more than 50M (160ft)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaaralex

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

after having used G10+original Canon housing for more than 2 yrs, i decided to move up in the food chain. :)

What i want:
1) depth rating 50+M (Canon housing stopped working at 46m.. :) - i do not plan going much deeper than that, but it is always good to hv little buffer.
2) possibility to attach some wide angle lens ("dome") to the housing
3) that attached wide angle REALLY works as advertised (not like wide angle Fantasea lens which, everybody read this, does NOT work as advertised)

So far, I hv been looking at Patima, Nauticam, Fisheye and Ikelite.

I would REALLY appreciate comments (and/or maybe some sample pics?) from somebody who has been using this, especially with regards point 3) ... coz after my experience with Fantasea i m slightly suspecting if these wide-angle domes on small DC's actually CAN work the similar way like the wide angle lens on bigger cameras.

Thx everybody for the replies!

Check out the FIX G12 Housing (70m rating and the Patima Housings. These are aluminum housings and are very robust. There are some threads on scubaboard that already discuss these housings.

Am sure some users will be chiming in soon since the G12 is very popular for U/W use and the FIX and Patima Housings are also very popular.

The FIX and Recsea housings should be good for 200 feet. FIX did make and I assume still does an uprated "tech" version for the G series that was good to 300 feet I think it was and it cost more too.

N

There certainly still is the "tech" upgrade option for FIX housings. Hit me an PM or email so I can give you more details

Here is a pic of my setup. Patima housing with a G11, at the bottom is the port and the WA lense. Havent used the WA yet so cant comment on it.

Cheers Joel

Attachments

• P1210060.JPG
    P1210060.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 131
I was looking at this housing on line and I'm wondering how you are hooking up the fiber optic cable for your strobe on the left side?

Hi Cardog,

I have another fibre optic cable that connects from one strobe to the other to fire it in much the same was as the first strobe fires from the cameras flash but found the cable to be to annoying so i have just put on the wireless kit for the 2nd stobe and it fires when it detects the first flash going off. I have heard of a place in australia that has modified the patima housing to accept 2 fibre inserts so it can fire both strobes at the same time.

Cheers Joel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom